These super easy, delicious, low-glycemic high fiber-fat-protein bars were created to help my clients maintain healthy blood sugar levels throughout the day, offset their sugar cravings, balance their hormones, while providing all the energy they need for a hard physical day. They are a delicious satisfying perfect fuel for even the most strenuous of days.
1 ½ C Peanut Butter * - organic ** and unsweetened (I used Kirkland brand)
2 Tbs of Pure Vanilla
½ C MCT or coconut oil
1 C Dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes
½ C Chia seeds - raw
1 C Cacao Nibs
1 C Roasted Sunflower seeds
1 C Sesame seeds - raw
1 C Pumpkin seeds - raw
1 C Freshly ground Flax seeds ***
3 C Almond Flour
½ C Coconut Flour
1 C Vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein)
½ C Dry currants
2 Tbs of Monk Fruit/Erythritrol by Lakanto ****
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix peanut butter and MCT oil until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients one at the time and mix well in between.
3. Pack in snack size ZipLock bags for easy storage and access.
Makes 15 bags at 130g each
5. Place in a freezer or keep them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
* If peanut butter isn’t your thing, you can use Almond butter or Sunflower seed butter.
** Please use organic peanut butter to minimize mold exposure.
*** Please use only freshly ground Flax seeds as they are unstable in ground form and can taste rancid and spoil your whole batch.
**** You can omit the sweetener or replace it with 20 drops of pure stevia
If you use 2Tbs of Honey or Maple syrup as a sweetener these bars will no longer be considered KETO!
Each bar 130g
75g of Fat