Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Contains Eggs
Gluten and dairy free can be tricky but this perfect brownie delivers. Decadent treat with crisp crackly top, super fudgy center, chewy or gooey in all the right places. The trick with these is not to eat too many.
2/3 C Dairy Free Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate chips*
2/3 C Blanched Almond Flour**
5 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
2/3 cup Coconut Sugar**
2 Free Range Eggs
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder**
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep the 8x8 baking pan with coconut oil.
3. In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat until smooth and glossy. Don't overheat. Let cool a bit.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs and vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients - almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
6. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the saucepan of melted chocolate.
7. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold. Don't overmix.
8. Pour batter into your prepared pan.
9. Bake at 350 degrees 20 or until edges are set and the center is still looking underdone.
10. Let it cool before digging in.
* I use Enjoy Life brand
** I use Trader Joe's brand
Recipe addapted from One Lovely Life