These super easy, delicious, low-glycemic high fiber-fat-protein snacks were created to help my clients maintain healthy blood sugar levels throughout the day, offset their sugar cravings, and balance their hormones. They are a delicious, satisfying, and perfect guilt-free treat. This particular version is made exclusively using seeds that are easier to digest than nuts.
1 1/2 C Sunflower seed butter - unsweetened
2 Tbs MCT or coconut oil
1 C Dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 C Chia seeds - raw
1/2 C Sesame seeds - raw
1/2 C Pumpkin seeds - raw
1 C Freshly ground Flax seeds
1 C Freshly ground GF Oats
1 C (packed) of Vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein)
2 Tbs of Monk Fruit/Erythritrol by Lakanto *
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix sunbutter and MCT oil until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients one at the time and mix well in between.
3. Roll into balls, approximately weighing 25g each. Makes 60 - 65 protein balls.
4. Roll the balls into coconut flakes to prevent sticking.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze.
6. Transfer the frozen protein bites into a storage container or a ZipLock bag.
7. Grab one or two when you feel like having a treat or a snack. These make a fantastic evening protein pill. It takes only a couple of minutes for them to thaw or you can keep them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Note: You can omit the sweetener or replace it with 10 drops of pure stevia